I hope you and your loved ones are well.
I’m sure you’ve received many emails regarding the transition to remote learning for the remainder of the semester. This will be a challenge, but we can make the best of the situation and continue our learning and writing projects. I will be adjusting our plans in the coming days.
Please note that the college has canceled classes next week (3/16 – 3/20) for faculty to prepare alternative plans.
I will be editing the website to reflect new timelines for projects and testing remote conferencing prospects for us. The biggest challenge will be to maintain community and facilitate collaboration (discussion, peer review, etc.).
It is important that you remain responsive to emails from your faculty in the coming week as best you can.
WHAT I WILL BE DOING
- Sending a Google Form survey asking you about your technical capabilities and learning concerns.
- Sending Game Review project grades with comments next week. These can be revised further, but that revision is optional.
- Providing feedback to Game Criticism projects as they come in.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING
- If you have not turned in a Game Criticism project for feedback (which is many of you), please do so as soon as you are able.
- Complete the Google Form survey when you receive it.
Looking forward to this new experiment with you all.
Terry Schenold, PhD
Instructor, Humanities & Sciences